Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rimming

I know this is a very strange blog topic but let me explain...

I love getting emails from Goodreads that tells me what people are reading, how they rated or reviewed it. I've found some new authors that way and have read some really good reviews.

But the other day I read a review from Goodreads by a popular blogger who gave a DNF (I think it was a DNF) to a book because it contained a rimming scene and then the couple kissed, She was disgusted. She felt the couple should have brushed their teeth or something.

So here's the thing...

Rimming is the act of licking/eating out a person's anus. It is something that generally is gay male preferred (sorry, I only am aware personally of gay men in real life enjoying this)(there might be straight people who like it but I've never met any).

So I went to some gay friends and asked "Have you ever kissed someone after rimming them, or been kissed by someone after being rimmed and did you make them clean their mouth first?" I asked multiple men. The answers were the same: kissing after rimming is normal and acceptable.

Nobody rims a dirty asshole. Showers and cleanliness are de rigeur. If a fella smells funkiness down there, no tongues are going to go visiting. Therefore everything is clean, kisses are cool and one should understand the sexual practice before judging it.

I know it's weird that I was bothered by that review. But it just felt so wrong to me because if you don't mind the idea of the sexual practice, understand it before you get upset by an aspect that you're clearly wrong about.

And on a personal note.... ewwwwww to the whole thing anyway. More power and pleasure to those who enjoy it but I'll take a nice vanilla cone for my tongue instead.

3 comments:

  1. Makes sense. If your butt's not clean enough for you, how can it be clean enough for your partner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Lori - ewww, but then I'm also of the school 'if it floats your boat go for it'. What people do in the privacy of their own home (or wherever they are) is their business.

    So, the act of rimming itself was fine it was the kissing after that she had issue with? Odd that she would be more outraged by that. Then again I know of people who are quite happy to give and have oral sex and yet won't share a toothbrush.

    And as your research shows, if it's not clean it's not done. I wonder if the blogger would have issues if the couple were having sex in a muddy pit, all their bits covered in gloop, and after a blowjob they kiss. Probably not the same thing but you know what I mean, right?

    Maybe the trick is to not read this type of story until, as you say Lori, they know more about it, or at least understand it?

    ReplyDelete