Monday, January 3, 2022

January 3, 2022



So this is one of the big changes starting 2022 for me. 

I couldn't really afford to buy a 2022 planner (when I say I live paycheck to paycheck, I mean it. I count them damn pennies.) but I did have a lot of notebooks sitting around so I made my own. And it's always so nice when you do that because you can seriously add the items you really want. So I have a few pages dedicated to passwords (I have a few) and many budgeting pages made specifically for how I can best see and understand my budget.

And reading lists.

I haven't done this before but I thought it would be interesting to start recording the books I read, the many books I DNF (especially within the first chapter) and do end of the month posts about them. Which is seriously cool since it's only January 3 and I've already read a book I loved, DNF'd a book in the first chapter and am now reading a book of essays that will be a solid C grade.

Anyway, work is getting interesting again which is never a good thing because that could translate into way too much work to balance. My apartment looks good and I get a new bookshelf delivered today which makes me giddy with joy. And in cleaning I put a couple of things on Facebook Marketplace that haven't been used in years and they're all selling (I do price cheap) so tonight I go to Walmart and buy hooks to hang all my art and bring life to my sad, white walls.

And unless you're a fan of Jujutsu Kaisen (which I am), this graphic my daughter made me will make no sense but talk about bringing me joy...


 

6 comments:

  1. Off to a good start.

    And you and Mollie never liked better. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that should be *looked*. I think I shall blame autocorrect, the bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You ladies... :)

    Hmm, I like the book idea. I was just keeping a list of hte ones I read but this seems to be more... productive? Mind if I steal it? LOL I'll make it into a spreadsheet so it's easier, although I do like pen and paper too...

    Sigh.

    It might be nice to compare lists after a couple of months. You read a lot faster than me and I occasionally get out of hte habit but I just finished one too - admittedly it took most of last year and I only had a few pages to go lol - but I'm now working on the Witcher series so that should keep me busy.

    And love the pic of you and Miss Mollie - don't get it but it's still cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea, keep a list and send it to me. We can do a monthly round-up of what we read. Title, author, genre and rating.

      Delete
    2. Cool :) I'll put it in a doc to make it easier. My writing is feral - more typos than when I type lol. ♥

      Delete