Sunday, January 23, 2022


 

I listened.

I paid off my phone. I paid off my Affirm bill (and deleted Affirm from my apps). I paid off Macys.

My rent is paid for next month, my phone bill is paid. Oh, and my boss is buying me a couch.

Seriously, after all of that my boss came to me and said how much he appreciated that I put my life on hold to keep his office open. He said if I hadn't come to Maui then they would have had to close the office for a week. So he's giving me a bonus which will pay for my couch. I'm so excited.

What I'm most excited about is going home on Friday. Over 3 weeks living with my boss, working with my boss, not getting away from my boss. I need to go home. I'm so ready to be comfortable again. To not flinch when I'm talking to my daughter on speaker and she cusses. To not have someone going through my fridge and folding my laundry despite my asking her not to. To have a door I can lock.

I am so ready to go home.

3 comments:

  1. What a happy ending to the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How awesome you got not only to pay your bills but a couch too! Someone is looking out for you, Ms Lori! It's nice to be appreciated. Does your boss need to buy me a couch too? LOL

    Also yay for finally going home. It's nice to be out and about but there really is no place like home, where you can be comfortable and do all the things that society might frown on. Like walking around naked because it's SO DAMN FREAKIN'HOT!!!!

    Not that I would - I'd scare myself, let alone the people in the house and Hazel, the poochie... LOL

    Can't wait to see photos of the couch you end up with. Have a sit on it and binge something for me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all such GREAT news, I am so happy for you. Dammit, Lori, you deserve that bonus, and you deserve to have a bit of peace of mind when it comes to debt, and I'm sorry you had to go through so much stress in the last three weeks to get it, but boy oh boy, I'm so happy you are getting it!

    I'm chanting "just a bit longer, you can do this" and "safe travels" under my breath until Friday for you.

    ReplyDelete