Sunday, January 16, 2022

How Do I Spend It?


So I worked 88 hours on my last paycheck and got some travel and food expenses added which gave me a rather healthy amount.

I have a dilemma. 

I have one chair to sit on in my living room which is really attractive but not that comfortable. I want a small couch. Amazon has the above couch for about $425. which has decent reviews (all furniture is going to have some hateful reviews but there's enough positives to make me feel secure in purchasing it). This paycheck would pay for the couch.

Mollie says I should pay off a bill. So I could pay off a bill that's around $300 and also pay a year of Netflix so that would take 2 bills off my budget. Giving me a little bit more to live on.

I'm terrible with money (I wish I wasn't but I am). So which choice do I make? Couch or bills?



 

5 comments:

  1. I'm with Miz Mollie, because the stress of having bills pending that I may not be able to pay off is a thing (like, stay awake, then be a zombie, get headaches, stay awake, etc kinda thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say get the couch. You may not have such a generous check again for awhile and I know how happy that couch will make you. As long as you can pay your monthly bills, I say go for it. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose there is a way to pay off the couch - perhaps from a different supplier? We have something here called ZipPay, which, depending on the limit you have, will allow you to buy something ASAP (they pay the vendor) and you pay them back so much a month, usually 10 bux or so but again depends on limit and how much you owe.

    Failing that, I'm torn. You want to be comfortable but then what's the point of laying on a nice couch, watching...whatever lol, when in the back of your mind you will be thinking about the bills? The last thing you need is more stress, so I say go for the bills option. Who knows, you might come across another windfall somewhere and that couch will be yours, with no worries about keeping the lights on, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel dubious about buying a couch I haven't tried out, which inclines me towards paying off the bills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learned that lesson lol. I bought one similar to one I had a while back but this is a 2.5 seat, not 2 seat, meaning it's one long bench. I was fine with the idea but it's hard as a brick and despite being low to the ground, my feet dangle. Yes, I am that short... It's nice enough but next time, I'll go instore and check it out first. Bloody Covid...

      Delete