Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sunday Bed Rotting

 


This is the cloud coffee table. It's trendy. Very trendy. Expensive (mostly). It made me go 😍 the first time I saw it. And the second time and all the rest of the times. I don't know why but I love it in ways I've never loved a piece of furniture before.


It's not inexpensive so I've longed from afar and saved a few pennies. When the apartment move didn't happen I took the money I had put aside for the movers to buy the table. I have ordered it twice. The first time they refunded the money right after I ordered and said it was out of stock. Then they placed it back for sale but $100 more. Yesterday I found it on Walmart. $150 less than the first one I attempted to buy. So let's see what happens.

This is my No-Buy 2024, remember? I've honestly done well not buying things. But after the-move-that-wasn't I sat with myself and asked what was it about moving that had me so excited? More than laundry access and parking right outside my door. And the answer was: the fantasy of perfection. 

Every time I imagined the new apartment I saw a kitchen that had what I needed. I saw matching curtains in the living room and the art was thoughtfully laid out. I had a specific space for my witch things and it was light and happy.

I hope I'm aware enough to understand that perfection is not a plan. But taking all the pictures down and really curating the space can be. So I gave myself permission to buy what I really felt I needed that's been lacking in my space. Kitchen knives, a spice shelf, towels. It hasn't been a lot but it's been a joy.

In other news: work is a walking disaster area. Doc is still hiring people without vetting them at all and then watching them leave after a moment or two. They're not curating the time off schedule so we have an entire week of patients not getting their weekly wound appointments because the only people able to do it are off on the same week.

My drug abusing neighbor is starting to make a routine of knocking on my door early Saturday morning to ask for drugs (I have pain pills for my knees which I take as directed: I don't have any other drugs and I told her my pills are for my pain, not for anyone's recreational purposes.) Anyway, I don't answer my door when I'm still in bed and I don't intend to play with her drama so it's going to come down to it soon. (Story time: after I had gone to the ER after my fall, she showed up to ask what pain meds they gave me. I told her none because I'm on a pain contract and I don't do drugs, I do pain control. All she heard was that I had Norco and she wanted it. Funny thing: my dosage is really small. She's also on pain med drugs and her dosage is much higher than mine. My drugs won't give her a buzz at all.)

Today is Sunday and there are still a few projects to do but I'm doing nothing today. I've been getting things done and last night was so achy and done in that I decided even if I had all the energy in the world, this body of mine is getting a break. 

Willa if you read this: where did you go for vacation? Do you still have a blog? Please share the link.



4 comments:

  1. Please forgive me, but my "holy shit" online mom antennae went up, about a neighbor who wants your pain med: if you feel comfortable, tell other people that this person is trying to force you to give her your medication, so there's a record in case something happens. Desperation can drive not-necessarily-assholeish people to do assholeish things, after all.

    Also: yay for finding the table you wanted for cheaper; because wow, the price gouging on everything is unreal.

    Work: gah, I have no words. Or rather, I have many words, none of which are fit for print. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your vet realizes soonest how much you could do for their office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. I don't want to scare you but that is scary. I think it might be worth mentioning to your landlord.

      Delete
  2. I do still have a blog, at willaful.wordpress.com; I haven't written anything about my trip there, but I'll try to do that. :-)

    ReplyDelete