Wednesday, April 10, 2024

65 Years Old and Done

 It's strange to say (and strange to accept) but I'm looking for a new job. I'm done with working in toxic environments, I'm tired of working for toxic people and I'm tired of being tired. 

I'm not financially stable enough to retire completely but I am financially stable enough to work part time and just supplement my social security. But since this will be the last job of my life: it needs to be a safe environment, a friendly environment and it must be drama free. 

I'm not expecting to find something easily or quickly but that's okay. I do believe that I will find something. 

I have tickets purchased for my big trip in December. Believe it or not: Mollie and I are going to Asheville, North Carolina to see my father (let's not even try to explain, it's complicated). We arrive on the 14th, stay in a hotel, and leave at like 5am on the 18th and together fly to Japan. I'll stay with her to January 3 and then come home. 

I dream of ramen.

So anyway, today was nothing but ticket purchasing for the Japan part of the trip, dealing with work trauma and drama and cuddling cats because my cats are getting cuddlier as time goes by.

Remember: the country is falling to pieces around us. Hating women is a sport. Stay safe out there. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Lori; I hope it's a good day, despite ::gestures:: people and things.

    I'm sending you ALL the good energy for your job hunt; may the right position find you soon.

    And YAY for big trip! (I confess to relief you and Mollie are staying at a hotel while in North Carolina; more expensive but also, better). And you get to spend the holidays and New Year with her in Japan, so exciting! Woot woot!

    Cuddlier cats: fact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes Az but my b-day is in September :) It's nice to be in a situation where I can seek a job I'll enjoy. I already have a place scoped out: the vet clinic where I take my cats. I just have too figure out how I'm going to convince them that they want me.

      Delete
    2. ::cleaning egg off my face:: (I need to put these things on a paper calendar on my wall, ffs)

      ::ahem::

      Vet: OH YES! ::sending good plotting vibes your way::

      Delete
  2. Hey, just back from my trip and catching up on the news. I hope the trip to see your dad will give you whatever you need from it and that you and Mollie have a wonderful time in Japan! I missed my daughter like crazy just for 5 days so I can only imagine how much you're looking forward to the time with her.

    ReplyDelete