Monday, April 22, 2024

Bears vs. Man

Here's the new TikTok viral-on-my-page moments:

Would you (a woman) rather find a bear or a man in the forest?

How many bear attacks per year?
The 750,000 black bears of North America kill less than one person per year on the average, while men ages 18-24 are 167 times more likely to kill someone than a black bear. Most attacks by black bears are defensive reactions to a person who is too close, which is an easy situation to avoid.
Oh my, how men dislike that answer. But the numbers, in this instance, are very much not lying. Men are more dangerous. And as many women have pointed out in response, a bear will kill you but a man will do much worse. And a bear doesn't want to hurt you. The bear is reacting for its own safety. Men do want to hurt you.
Another viral moment is women dancing to messages on their phones left by an ex. There's something so satisfying to see a woman moving her body freely and with joy as man after man says 'you're crazy', 'this is why no one will ever love you', 'you're a ho and I hate you and why won't you talk to me?'
Then, on top of all this, we have The Tortured Poet's Department, the double album release by Taylor Swift. I do not consider myself a Swiftie but I think this woman is a talented songwriter and I love intelligent writing. Her album is so good. 31 songs makes it hard to listen to often but there's always another lyrical moment that happens and makes you stop. Stop and feel.
One of the things I sincerely believe about TS is that she really is exactly who she says she is. She's easily hurt, she's soft hearted and she never forgets a slight. She's 100% real. So while the crazies in the red hats try to vilify her, she's a relatable human woman that we can all get behind.
By the way: there's a women's day of protest on June 22. All female labor should cease on that day. It's another pink, pussy hat day. I feel like something like this will make those who protest feel empowered for a day but there will be no significant change. The protest needs to be bigger, last longer and have more involvement. 
Anyway, I have an hour left of work. I think I'm going to make myself a Caprese sandwich. I got the tomatoes and the mozz.
Stay safe out there ladies. And don't worry about the bears.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously not worried about the bears. I hope you enjoyed your sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan either, but I find the songs I do know very relatable and authentic.

    Ah, I miss Caprese! Stupid GERD.... 😭

    ReplyDelete