Saturday, May 4, 2024

Bits and Bobs and Knotty Knobs

It's Saturday morning and I'm trying to psych myself up into productivity. Which isn't really working because it's Saturday morning and I don't have to be productive. I can sit here and sip my iced coffee and let my mind wander.

What I do want to do today is go to a local gym and check it out. I'm feeling really disconnected from my physical self in a lot of ways. I've always been a sedentary person but at 65 it isn't exactly a good thing. In fact, interestingly, my appetite has decreased tremendously but I'm slowly gaining weight because of lack of movement.

I decided to try out a gym. I've gone previous times in my life and have had mixed results. My best experience was at a women's only gym and my worst was at a place that just had too many gym bros. I don't think I'm going to find a place around here that isn't full of men, but if there's a quieter time or a quieter corner...  We'll see. That's what I'm looking for.

And I need to buy shoes. Murder vomited in my shoes that were old, old, old and it made no sense to keep them. But now I own one pair of flip-flops and one pair of crocs. That's um, not feasible.

Let's see: I finished Funny Story by Emily Henry which was really good. The heroine's fiancée left her for the hero's girlfriend and now the 2 of them are living together and pretending to be in love while falling in love. It has great humor, good back stories and a slow burn that sparks perfectly.

Anyway, not much to say/write. Hope to do a little cooking this weekend and laundry. Hope to get shoes. 

Stay safe out there. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can find a good place. I'm getting a lot more sedentary too, so tired all the time. :-(

    Looking forward to Funny Story.

    ReplyDelete