Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jude Outlaw by Jan Springer

This was an Ellora's Cave freebie and quite possibly one of the top 10 worst books I ever read. It was short which is the only reason I finished it but it was so awful, so retched, that I couldn't fall asleep for hours because I was trying to think of how many ways to call  book rancid.

In a nutshell, the book takes place 8 years from now and most of the female population of the world has been killed by a virus and now with only a few women left, they're considered things and the government not only sanctions rape but demands it. The only way a woman is safe is if she's 'owned' by a group of men and they have videos proving they're taken her in every orafice at the same time.

Did I mention this is supposed to be erotic romance?

The hero was a brutal asshat, the heroine was nonsensical, the plot fell apart in a million and one ways and the basic premise was so disgusting, so horribly wrong in every way to try to create a romance or even something sexy that I was in shock that it was even written or published.

God. Now I want a gallon of brain bleach, a vat of aspirin and something to wipe the stench of this story away forever.

1 comment: