Saturday, April 24, 2010

When The Bodice Doesn't Rip

We have been getting a few (aka a shitload) of rejections on our lovely little novel The Bodice Rippers. The above doll was made to thank the editor who suggested:

If you could change the premise, the characters, the writing and perhaps the font, I might be willing not to shoot my computer after reading this.

I'm lying. We have received rejections but there's been a great deal of positive feedback coming with it and offers to revise and resubmit.

Our novel is completely in email form with multiple characters and I think the confusion of the format is just too difficult to do. We were talking about ways to revise the story and think we might have hit on something that will keep the over-the-top humor and crazy voices while giving a clearer story.

It's been a great experience. And we're feeling very touched that so many editors took the time to tell us that they like the writing even though the format has problems.

We'll keep you informed of future rejections.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about rejections but I did like the one you put up lol. Nice doll too. Remind me not to piss you off!

    I just had a thought on this and will email... if htat's ok. If not you can delete the email and I will expect a numbing sensation in my leg...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejection?? Isn't that what happens when you stalk romance??? MJ

    ReplyDelete