Saturday, April 22, 2017

Another Week Done

Welcome to Saturday.

I laid in bed this morning with a list of things I needed to get up and do and no desire to get up and do them. I work the next three days, long hours, and I need to be ready to run my ass off and work hard. Yesterday, my co-worker Carol and I painted the bathroom of our Kona office and did a damned near perfect job.

Today my neck is a little pained but my head is in a good place. So after spending an hour going through my Twitter feed and playing bingo, I got my ass up. Laundry is almost finished. Made a plan for dinner tonight (steak fajitas with refried beans and simple salad).

Still need to take the dog and myself for a walk, do some grocery shopping, get air in my tires and have a nap.

Weight loss: great moment earlier this week when I realized that I don't need to lose 100 pounds. I know that sounds strange but when you're seriously obese and look at weight loss, the idea of having to lose 100 pounds or more is staggering. At my biggest I was 276 (I think( and that meant 140 pounds to be at a healthier weight (and still overweight according to BMI charts).

I know there are people who are losing much more than that and I have so much respect for them.

So as of this morning I weighed 212.8 pounds. That's 27.2 pounds lost. I'm averaging then about 10 pounds a month which is really good. And probably not going to be sustainable in the long run. But that's okay. I'd like to see if I can get in the 190s by the end of June.

Wish me luck.

Budget is taking some hits but looks like it might start doing well after May. I'm still staying on track with the bill payments and delightfully by my birthday (late September) I'll have another bill completely gone and my Visa paid down to normal place (so the interest will be less also). So positive stuff. Just got to make it through May and Mollie's birthday.

Work is going better. I started a system for organizing myself as I travel between offices and staying on top of my tasks. It's working well right now and the doctor seems much happier with my work. So more positivity.

Mollie and I saw Beauty and the Beast last night. Have to admit that I was disappointed that it didn't stray in any big ways from the animated movie. And as much as I love Emma Watson as a human and a feminist, she's bland to me. BUT... Mollie and I were both in love with the beast as the beast. She was so funny too, because after the movie Mollie said she would have asked the enchantress for the ability to have the Prince go into Beast-mode for sexytimes.

The Beast was alpha. The prince was meh.

No writing still. Had a fun idea for Carolyn and I but have no desire to actually sit down and do the work. I don't know if I'm done with writing. But right now I'll still consider myself on hiatus.

Best to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment