Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ten Reasons Why I Loved Ten Reasons by Julia Quinn

1. I just finished Ten Reasons I Love You and it was a wonderful, satisfying read from page one to page end.

2. Her hero, Seb had that adorable rake thing going on and I love adorable rakes.

3. Her heroine Annabelle wasn't brilliant or amazingly adept at mathematics or.... She was an ordinary woman who was muddling through society and falling in love but she was just a person. I liked that.

4. Her hero wrote novels (think The Perils of Pauline) with a feminine pen name. And he was successful. I loved that.

5. The villian was someone worth hating. He acted atrociously from start to finish and truly because he was just an unredeemable ass.

6. Unlike poor Miss Miranda Cheever, this plot had no mis-steps. It was laid out perfectly and never lost its footing.

7. Annabelle made her own decision at the end and was able to state it and free her own heart. It was a great scene to read.

8. The Grandmother. Now I didn't like Annabelle's grandmother and I don't think she was meant to be likeable. But at the end (the big reveal, I suppose) she was brilliant. And she was brilliant without changing character. That's hard to do and it was done so well.

9. It made me feel good. I wanted to know what happened next and I resented when I got to my bus stop or my daughter wanted attention. I wanted to finish reading.

10. Because it reminded me how much I enjoy reading Julia Quinn. Every time I see her name, for some strange reason I never remember that I've read her. But she wrote the Bridgerton books and she has a nice light touch and good romance. She never goes heavy on the sex which I appreciate. One nice sex scene is just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Highly recommend this book. It's like a great piece of chocolate when you're craving something sweet and uncomplicated.

2 comments:

  1. Quinn was one of my very first romance authors, after La Nora.

    I'm somewhere in the middle regarding historical accuracy; usually it doesn't bother me, unless it's egregious, like mistaking the Crimean war for the Napoleonic wars or something like that.

    As far as Julia is concerned, my favorite series will always be the Bridgertons and Colin's story in particular.

    I'm so glad you're enjoying them too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read a book by her as well. The first in a new series. Just like heaven.

    Nothing exciting happend, but I liked the characters and the way they interacted with eachother. I wasn't bored at all and kept on reading.

    I will try and download a few more of her books.

    Saskia

    ReplyDelete