Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Carolyn's Best of 2011

Everyone's doing the 'best of 2011' reads, so I thought I'd give it a try. Problem is, I can't remember when I read what and 2011 sort of zipped right on by. I've never seen a year pass so fast!

I guess this will be my 'best of within recent memory' reads and I'm almost sure to leave something out and I'll wake up at 1:00 in the morning and cry out, 'oh my God, I should have put *insert book title* on the list!' Of course, by then it'll be too late, but if I get enough left over titles, I can do another list and another post and so it'll all be good. :-)

I shall have to retire to Amazon to see when I acquired some of these books. Hold on, I'll be right back.

Good lord, I'm not even going to tell you how many pages I had to go through, because it's kind of embarrassing even though a lot of the books were freebies. That won't change my habits though. Okay, my list in the order bought:

1. The Peach Keeper, Sarah Addison Allen

2. Archangel's Kiss, Sword and Blood, Naline Singh

3. Blue Eyed Devil, Lisa Kleypas

4. Magic Slays, Fates Edge, Ilona Andrews

5. River Marked, Patricia Briggs

6. Blood Magic, and all the lupus books, Eileen Wilkes

7. Kiss of Snow, Nalini Singh

8. Dragon Bound, Thea Harrison

9. Silk is for Seduction, Loretta Chase

10. Heart of Steel, Meljean Brook


All righty, that's a rather eclectic list, isn't it? There's your paranormal, your historical, your contemporary, your fantastical and your steampunk. Plus some extra ones I snuck in. All wonderful reads, and most will have sequels, so my future enjoyment is quaranteed.

Happy reading in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment