Wednesday, November 30, 2011

An Old Fart's Lament

Where on earth has the year gone?

It seems I was just getting used to using 2011 and now I have to upgrade to 2012.

And why is it that the older you get, the faster time flies? I could use a little slow motion these days and have completely stopped wishing it was the weekend on a Monday. It's just too dangerous.

Hard to believe I've lived so many years. They seem to have whipped by and my...er, imperfect seems a pc word...memory has lost most of them.

I'm entering a new life phase, that of an official Medicare card carrier. Sounds like a disease, doesn't it? Lol. But I'll keep working as long as I can because it takes me out of myself and while work can be frustrating, it also provides a lot of pleasure and the company of some good folks.

I wonder if time works for young people these days as it did for me? Summers seemed to last forever - and so did the school year until the next vacation. Good times and bad times, they never seemed to rush by.

This year is about to come to an end. I hope 2012 will cut us all some slack and maybe even slow down a bit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment