Thursday, January 18, 2024

Whatta Day

And it's not even noon yet.

Yesterday ended up being a really productive day. It was good and tiring but one of the first days in a long while that I crossed off everything on my to-do list.

Today is pretty productive also. But it's already had a few twists and turns. There's a stray orange cat at the apartment (I'm assuming the cat lived here but his people moved away and left him). I always see him stalking Murder when Murder goes out and recently he's been hanging out a lot at our door. 

So I started feeding him. And this morning he's made a couple of attempts to come in but Wednesday is not having it. It isn't my plan to have more cats than the 2 I have but if the Cat Distribution Network has decided I'm getting a third: then I'm getting a third. 

I've cleaned off my desk. All my work is caught up. Amazing.

My neighbor is moving in February. She's so awful. She has a baby and a pre-school son and she yells at her son all day. That poor child is always being ragged on by his mother. As far as I know there's no physical abuse (I'd hear it if she hit him, I'm sure) so I can't call CPS. I mean she's traumatizing the poor boy but in an acceptable way. It makes me sick. I've even offered to watch the kid but no go.

I'll be so glad when she's gone. (She's yelling right now.)

I haven't had much energy lately but today I have some. I'm going to take advantage while I can.

By the way: I'm calling the orange cat George. Weasley. I wanted to go for Homocide but orange cats are too jolly to fit in the killer categories.

Love y'all. Stay safe. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the angry neighbor is going; fingers crossed whoever moves in is awesome. I'll keep the poor child going with her in my heart.

    Cats: look, we truly exist to serve them, one way or another. Whatever happens, may there eventually be peace amongst them all.

    Sending you all the good vibes for a good and happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete