Sunday, January 14, 2024

Good Book, Good Music


 My reading is spotty at best nowadays but when the right book crosses my path, I love it like a chocolate pudding. (I love homemade chocolate pudding.)

This was such a good book. It was soft. Friendly. This is about people finding their home, their place. It's a slow burn book. No surprises, just a lovely soft story about a adult woman rediscovering her sense of purpose. 

This book has a lovely tone. It's paced well, the romance is slow and lovely and it just felt good.

**

I'm obsessed with Demi Lovato's album Dancing With the Devil. It's from 2021 and all about addiction. She has a well documented history with drug and alcohol addiction and it's all out there. 

The song are so well written and there's so much to relate to. It's just a brilliant album.

**

Life is, at this moment, pretty good. We'll see what work has in store this week.

Love y'all. Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I don't do resolutions anymore, because, well, what's the point when in a week you've done what you said you wouldn't LOL. But this year, I am looking to get back into reading more. I was forever reading and then just stopped and now despite having a house full of books, I haven't had the will. Well, I'm hoping to change that. Just before Christmas I finished the first in the Tess Gerritsen books and to start this year I'm now reading the first in the Reacher series.

    The book you mentioned sounds good so I'll add to the list of stuff to try - I would like to spread my reading wings, so to speak.

    I've heard of Demi but not her work. Face it, I barely listen to anything post 1989 lol. I guess I'm stuck in my ways with this and while there are a few good songs post 1990, I'd prefer music that I grew up with, where songs provoke memories from a time when life was simpler and more funner.

    Hope work is chill this week for you - you got this!

    HUGS to all y'all

    ReplyDelete