Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hate is Just an Unfinished Thought

I saw a wonderful picture on Facebook of a man who saw a swastika painted in a parking lot and he got paint and filled in the lines to make a box with 4 squares and then wrote in L-O-V-E.

And I thought how smart than man was. He saw the swastika and realized that it was just an unfinished thought.

Then I thought about hate. I thought how easy it is to misunderstand and resent. How much easier to assume the worst than the best.

Now I know that people who hate other people based on race, or sex or sexual orientation aren't going to change their mind with a good cuddle. But we can change our minds.

We can recognize that those people are simply unaware that their thinking has stopped in mid-sentence (or in mid-swastika, if you like). It's our job to paint in the rest of the boxes when they're presented to us.

Anyway, our household is a politics free zone right now. My brother is gloating over Trump's election and I'm biting my tongue not pointing out how he's already broken his campaign promises and will continue to do so.

Trump is an unfinished human.

Anyway, my tongue hurts from all the biting and my car's brakes are shot and Christmas is coming. Life is interesting, I must say.

Hope you're all doing well.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool notion - unfinished thoughts indeed! I like it :)

    I'll send chocolate so you don't have to bite your tongue - it tastes nicer and you will be so busy wondering which piece to eat next, you won't have time to worry what your brother is doing. Any requests?

    HUGS
    xxx

    ReplyDelete