Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Witty Wonderland

Over on SMart Bitches is a wonderful review of Be Mine, a Harlequin book with 3 novellas, by Jennifer Crusie, Victoria Dahl and Shannon Stacey. The review is really positive and mentions the wit and wordplay that is ever present in the best of Crusie and Dahl (I don't know Stacey at all).

But it got me thinking about what I lovelovelove about books and my favorite thing is wit. I adore witty dialogue and banter. Love it in books, love it in life.

One of the reasons Carolyn is my best friend is because of our word play (okay, she's also generous, funny, loving and shares her boob obsessed hubby).... but whether on the phone or instant messaging, we like to play with conversation and try to outwit each other.

Which also leads me to one of the coolest things I've experienced lately which was my co-worker met a boy and they were flirting via text the next day. It was light and funny and laced with romance and I was a very happy observer. It was a great pleasure.

So that's what I love. I try to live it as much as I can and write it to the best of my ability. But when Jennifer Crusie lets go (or Loretta Chase or any good chick litty type) my happiness goes into overdrive and I'm in reader's bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment