Friday, August 27, 2010

Embracing the Asexual

Over at Mrs. Giggle's blog she's pointed the way to the newest Romanceland kerfluffle which involves those women writing m/m fiction for other women while claiming to be tri-sexual. Or vi-sexual. Or any sexual that doesn't really embrace their middle-aged, overweight, caucasian, heterosexual lives.

Now I'm truly not judging them. I'm not. I just always remember Roseanne Barr's joke that God created gay men so fat women would have someone to dance with.

Anyway, apparently part of the kerfluffle is that these women are trying to claim other sexuality status while writing about the gay experience. It's fascinating reading. and I have no idea what they're claiming to be. It's no longer just gay/straight/bi. Now people are transgendered, queer without being gay, intergendered, extraterrestrialgendered...

I've decided to get right in the middle of all this kerfluffle by writing a novel where an asexual hero finds love with himself but society misunderstands and tears hm apart. Not literally. Or perhaps...

Seriously though, is it really that much of a matter in anyone's life that women are writing feminized gay romance books? They have their audience and if you just ignore them they'll probably wank themselves into oblivion.

My books title: Embraceable Me.

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard that joke before: "I just always remember Roseanne Barr's joke that God created gay men so fat women would have someone to dance with."

    I hate to say that it is hilarious. This is an odd thing though. I mean, I have written heterosexual erotica but I am gay and have never been with a woman. I wouldn't consider myself Bi or anything like that. Also I guess these ladies need to get in touch with their local GLBTQ communities to learn how those titles are being defined and what they mean in that community.

    The Asexual story is brilliant... and talk about a new genre and you'd be the pioneer!

    ReplyDelete