Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Vegging Out

 

I haven't gained weight. At least, not in any significant way. And this is me spending 2 months with no eating restrictions, ice cream almost nightly and complete freedom in my kitchen. This is also me with a huge craving for salads and veg dinners because my veg game has been ignored.

My therapist says that as trauma is addressed and a person lives peacefully in their body, a weight shift should happen naturally. And I believe that. I believe that now because I put my scale away awhile ago but weighed myself this morning and after everything, I'm 220. So up maybe 5 pounds.

But yesterday I was planning my grocery list and I just thought that I want to go into the produce section and blow my budget. I'm craving a lot more greens than I've been eating. I also realized that I'm ready to stop buying ice cream and fill up my bins with fruit (I'm craving strawberries).

Other decisions I recently made: 

1. Not painting the wall. It would look good but it's more than I want to do at this time and the space is pretty as is.

2. Not to buy storage solutions for my fridge. They look so cool but I'm one person and don't need that kind of organization when I'm just buying/keeping for one. Don't need a solution for where a problem doesn't exist.

3. Bye bye drink station. Don't need it. Love it but it's wasting space I need.

4. Time to think outside the box with work space. My organizing needs to be within reach, compact and something that makes me smile. Right now I'm rearranging space and playing with storage outside the box (everything is in little boxes and now we're giving my collection of make-up bags a try).

Anyway, payday is tomorrow and so I'm getting my shopping lists together. My cupboards are a little bare and I'm planning to fill it all up.

And I might need to get a Feral Spinster t-shirt made. Time to show Murder isn't the only one with claws in this house.

2 comments:

  1. Go you!

    Also,for that t-shirt, this is where I got mine: https://www.teepublic.com/user/memequeen

    (scroll a bit)
    I also got a sparkly FEARLESS one, and a ROMANCELANDIA NEVER FORGETS, and oh, a bunch of others from her store (she's Petty Auntie/@chronic_mom on twitter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll check it out and do some shopping. I'm ready to start showing who I am.

      Delete