Friday, January 19, 2018

Fantasy Fiction Fella Friday


So Carolyn and I were talking about our hot, book boyfriends and what we imagine they'd look like in real life. Which spurred our new, weekly post of Fantasy Fiction Fella Friday.

For me, the heroine-centric reader, choosing a book boyfriend is hard. But I immediately thought of Nick in Jennifer Crusie's Crazy for You.

Nick is a commitment-phobe, hot guy who is best friends with Quinn, works as a mechanic, the kind of man who would repair  your leaking pipes or broken fence, then make you a spaghetti dinner before he seduces your panties off.

He's playful. He's funny. He's self-deprecating.

The picture above is close to how I imagine him.

And by the way, if you haven't read Crazy for You, do it. It's my favorite romance ever.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can read another of her books. To be honest, I've only read one (Strange Bedfellows) and it's on my 'never to be read again'list. Normally if I don't like a book I'll give it away or just forget about it but that one, for some reason, ticked all my boxes and not in a good way. I guess if I ever run out of something to read I'll try this one you mentioned but until then...

    Sorry Lori xx :D

    Book boyfriends are the best, aren't they? I'm a visual reader so I too think of certain people - actors, sportsman, musicians - etc if the details are close enough. Of course I've been known to think of a character looking like one and then changing my mind. I'm weird like that.

    Can't say I'm a fan of John S but that picture does hold some appeal... Maybe it's the cheeky way he's sticking out his tongue. That's a sure sign of mischief and shenanigans if I've ever seen one.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New rule, Ms Lori - you have to name the current hunk (if you know it, 'cause I dint!). ;-)

    Anywhoo, having trouble coming up with a modern pic to represent my historical hunk. I can't remember if you liked this book or not, Lea. I guess we'll find out Friday, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to find out - about the hunk and the book lol

      Delete