Friday, January 5, 2018

Skull-duggery


Have I mentioned skulls?

Last year when I started my weight loss journey, I started walking. Usually I hit the track but sometimes I'd head up-hill to a road my brother named The Jungle Road (there's an expanse of jungle on one side). I have found some pig bones and skulls on my walks since there's a huge number of feral pigs on the island who get hit by cars.

Anyway, the skulls are beautiful. There's a grace and glory to the bone, a design that just thrills my heart. So I have taken some skulls (the bugs have picked them clean of any post-life debris, they're dirty but no tissue or anything still attached) and cleaned them and finally, after months of them sitting, I painted a couple.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I have a third one waiting to paint but that one has tusks and is even cooler than these two.

I'll post a picture when I'm done.


2 comments:

  1. Very arty! You go girl :) Look forward to seeing the next one.

    Wish I had a talent lol

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe these are pig skulls - they look so elegant. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete