Monday, November 26, 2012

A Small Miracle

For three or four years now I've been struggling against depression.

At first I refused to even consider I was depressed, no matter what friends said to me. Sleeping a lot was just a sign of old age, that's all. Changes in my routine and failing to keep up with my duties didn't faze me at all.

I quit writing. I mostly quit reading and everything else. I did manage to haul myself out of bed each week day and get myself to work, where I could still function although much slower.
.
Finally when my production had dropped to almost nil and I'd fallen asleep at my desk twice, I gave in and saw a doctor.

The problem with my depression is that the cause is still ongoing, and probably will be until I die. So I must get myself under control and thank God they've made medications to help.

One vitamin B12 shot later and a couple of months of Celexa, plus changing to Women's vitamins, and I'm a different person. I can stay awake, lol. I'm reading again and am more productive at work.

Don't be afraid to admit it could happen to you. It can happen to anybody, for any reason or even no reason at all. The main thing is to not be stubborn and get some help.

I hope to find the desire to write again real soon. I don't want to give up writing. I have so many unfinished projects and they nag at me, but I still don't have any strong urge to take them up again.

But I have faith now. I never would have believed the change in me. So someday, the good Lord willing, I will be writing again.

2 comments:

  1. The right pill can work miracles.

    I know. Oh believe me, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope the writing urge will return in time.

    ReplyDelete