Sunday, November 28, 2021

You Are All Invited

 to my housewarming party.

There's only two chairs and two ottomans so be prepared to stand. And there's no internet so we ain't checking our smart phones or playing the Roku. But it's my home now and I haven't slept this well in ages.

This is not a joke. I was so worried that moving into an apartment would leave me paralyzed at night listening to every noise, every strange creak and thinking "OMG! It's the serial killer from upstairs come to kill me!" Instead I'm so comfortable on my new mattress with no dogs sharing my space (I love them but I like sleeping alone) and no dog smells on my blanket and I sleep so deeply and wake up amazed.

It isn't perfect but nothing is. It is however, very welcoming and comfortable and I'm so glad I'm here.

This is a short post because I cut up all my moving boxes and I'm trying to decide if I want to run them all to the dump. I mean, I don't. Maybe I should just get them in my car for later.

So come on over. I have a lace we can hang out now.

3 comments:

  1. On my way... Yay!!!

    I'll even sneak a couple of fold-up chairs into my luggage. Bugger standing after a big-arsed flight from Oz lol.

    Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was worth the stress. I'm glad you're fitting into your new life so well. Tough decision but now you reap the rewards. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad--so glad!

    There will be other worries, because that's adulting, and that's the part that sucks, but I'm glad you are now free from an environment that sucked so much of your joy and emotional labor.

    ReplyDelete