Friday, June 30, 2017

Waving Goodbye to June

Well dear friends and gentle readers,

we are living through a time that will be wildly dissected by historians and mental health professionals for decades.

There's nothing I can say about our current political mess that people aren't saying better than I am. So let me say instead: anybody currently supporting the Republican party and current administration is simply the same as a good German who turned away when the Jews started getting rounded up. There's no difference.

And yes, my sibling still supports the party and administration. All I can think of it is something that someone tweeted which, I paraphrase: I can't explain to you why you should care about others.

They don't. They just don't. And they never will.

So moving away from the depressing morass of emotion... I was walking yesterday and came upon some very gross yet cool wild pig skulls (and assorted bones). There were three skulls, one still had tusks. I took 2 and brought them home and they're currently in a bucket of water bleaching the gross shit out. I plan to clean them and paint them and display them because they're so cool.

I need to decoupage one. So I need to learn decoupage.

I set a personal goal to lose 6 pounds in June and didn't think I'd make it. This morning I was down the 6 pounds exactly. Pardon me while I crow: I rock!!!

And current journal pages I love:




1 comment:

  1. Don't let what sibling, etc. feel or think, get you down. We have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, again and again.

    And yay! ::throwing confetti:: congratulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete