Thursday, February 11, 2010

What Makes a Man Sexy by Lea

What makes a man sexy? Well, isn’t that just a question for the ages!

I suppose we can go for the obvious and say things like ‘he has a cute ass’ or ‘wow, that six pack is just begging for chocolate to be licked from it’. Then of course we can go for the less shallow options like ‘he makes me laugh’ or ‘the way he dotes on is mother is adorable’. But which one is right? Do we even have to choose? Why can’t we have both in the one package?

As they say in the classics, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That’s never been truer than when it comes to the two lovely hosts of this blog and me. They’re all enraptured and titillated by a Spanish gentleman named Carlos and whilst I can see some of his finer points, he does nothing for me. I on the other hand have a thing for his sexy French friend Sébastien, who is just so... scrummy, for lack of a better word. Hmm, scrummy... yep, ‘bout sums it up really J

So what makes a man sexy? Is it the chiselled chin, the big strong arms to protect you, the cheeky grin, the laugh and the way he holds your hand in public or gives you flowers for no reason? Just like all men are different women are too which is why we probably can’t get a definitive answer to this question.

I’m going to go out on a limb and be perhaps a little ‘superficial’ here for a minute and tell you what I think is sexy. Well, one of the things - a man’s hand. But not just any hand, a hand with a wedding band on it. Of course in a million years I would never cross that line and do anything with a married man (that’s a whole different topic) but there is just something about it.

Regardless of what the guy looks like, a ring on his finger is sexy. I couldn’t give you an exact reason but I believe it has less to do with the fact he is married and more with the fact that he’s not afraid to show it. I know many men who are married and happily so but don’t like the idea of a ring. That’s their right. Then of course you get the losers who don’t want it to interfere with their social life. But like I say, that’s just a personal thing for me.

I’m going to generalize for a minute and say that looks mean a lot to people. That’s all well and good but isn’t that just short changing yourself? Bear with me for a minute and I’ll run two options by you.

Option A – Tall, dark (blond if that’s your thing), rugged and built like an Adonis. Has a six pack that’s hard to miss under his skin tight shirt, an ass you can bounce ten cent pieces off, achingly kissable lips and eyes that tell you exactly what he plans to do to you and that whipped cream.

Option B – Average height and weight, maybe a little shorter/rounder than what is considered ‘normal’. Kinda cute, or perhaps not – just ‘Joe Average’. Has kind eyes and a smile that makes you want to smile in return.
Who do you choose?

I’d lie and say Joe Average but deep down I know that’s not true. If I had no time to choose and it had to be on looks alone it would be A. So what happens when “A” turns out to be a bunny boiling psycho/married man/gay-bi/does drugs/treats you like crap or is abusive physically and mentally? I’m not saying on the flip side that “B” is perfect but how do we ever find out if we never go deeper than looks to find out?

For me I’d like a happy mix of all the above – just a guy that will treat me like an equal but still want to spoil me on occasion, loves me for me and wants the same things in life. Of course I also wanted to add that he needs to be a soldier but I gave up that dream a long time ago lol.

Seriously, it all boils down to choices. We go after what we like because that’s what we want. Every body has their own opinion of what they find sexy and if that differs from other people, does that make it wrong? Is it even fair to say that one option is more right than the other? Only you can decide that.

Besides, isn’t half the fun ‘sampling from Life’s buffet’? Start with the entrees and work your way up to the dessert that is going to make you full and happy.

*the views voiced here belong to me. The Blog owners may or may not share them.

5 comments:

  1. I just met a fella who is balding and middle aged and paunchy and his sense of humor was the biggest turn on in the world to me.

    Make me laugh, you own my heart. Give a foot massage and you own my soul.

    I'm cheap...

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm there could be a story in that lol.

    I hate having my feet touched so I'll just have to agree on the laughing bit.

    And I'm not cheap but I am on sale this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT to change the subject, but I made the taco soup that the BOF had in her blog. Yery tasty, but I forgot that I live alone. I now have taco soup for the ages!!! MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alphas are all very fine and well, but the older I get the more I prefer the betas. Intelligent, caring, sometimes quiet but always strong, and there for the heroine. Arrogance is not strength, as alphas seem to think. Lori we must talk about Charlie at Night!

    MJ - aren't the tacos awfully soggy, what with being in a soup and all ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taco soup sounds amazing. What time shall we be there for dinner? We'll bring the betas...

    (Although I have a beta fish and they make the nastiest bowl goo ever...)

    Lori

    ReplyDelete