Monday, August 19, 2024

WTF Was He Thinking and Let's Get Demure With It

Donald Trump posted on his social media website, Truth Social, an endorsement from Taylor Swift. One little problem: she never endorsed him. She hates him. She votes Democrat.

Taylor Swift took a man to court for grabbing her ass at an event (and sued him for one dollar because she wanted to make a point) and she won. Taylor is not going to be okay with Trump claiming she endorsed him.

Sit back for the fireworks.

The DNC convention is taking place this week and it's going to be a celebration. I'm going to say that personally Donald Trump did one thing for my life to better it: he got me interested and learning more about government. 

On a personal level: since retirement my nervous system has really been recalibrating and I spend a lot of time sleeping. I've spent most of my life existing in a mode of hyper-vigilance and now that I'm safe, now that I'm not trying to people please or exist in unwelcome spaces: the tension and anxiety are dripping away. When I'm aware nowadays, I feel the change of not having to check out where the exits are.

Anyway, it's a really strange thing to experience.

TikTok has been exploding lately. That amazing "let's be mindful, let's be demure" trend is a joy. (Background: trans creator Jools Lebron did a video talking about "let's be mindful and not show the cha-cha's at work, let's be demure" which is just a wonderful vibe and very tongue in cheek and even Joe Biden has done it and the mad popularity has made Jools enough money to now pay for her transition surgeries). 

Also on TikTok is cucumber boy Logan "Sometimes you just need to eat an entire cucumber" who is causing cucumber shortages around the US. There is only one grocery store in all of Hilo who has cucumbers in stock. He is single handedly changing how Americans eat by showing all the wonderful and easy recipes using a cucumber and one container. I've made 2 so far and am dying to do more but wasn't able to get the cucumbers.

Also, Logan showed an easy pickling technique and I have pickled onions and carrots in my fridge now and I love this so so much.

I have 1000 postcards to fill out and send on October 15 to Ohio voters. Going to start writing them now. 

Watch this space for more updates about Swift and Trump. This is going to be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Pickled cucumbers are good 😉. Otherwise - nope.

    I will definitely be watching to see what TW does to t. Hope it's gory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Make that TS. Jeeze 🙄

    ReplyDelete