Sunday, September 10, 2023

Why Are Biden's Poll Numbers So Bad? 


The above is a link to Aztec Lady's blog and her post which is fucking brilliant. I realize there's a good chance that Az is the only person who reads this blog (I sent the link directly to Carolyn) but she just rocked my world by putting everything I believe its a brilliant piece of writing.

And I have a million thoughts myself but I can't articulate them as well as Az and I don't want to try today since it's Sunday and all I have to do today is clean my rug, take my garbage out and bake lemon cookies to use up the last of my lemons. I might even try making an alcoholic beverage later because of have Grapefruit seltzer and tequila. 

So instead I'm going to talk about my one year goal of being able to walk. I have been steadily losing mobility because my knees are cartilage free and bone on bone fucking hurts. I can't get surgery because I weigh too much. I can't exercise because it fucking hurts.

So today I found a plan. Not a solution... a plan. And it's PT. Physical therapy. I'll call my doctor tomorrow and ask for a referral. 

The idea is to realize the knees are a write-off but the rest of the legs can be strengthened to  take some of the work. I won't try to explain since I don't have the words for it but it's a workable solution to a huge problem in my life.

I was gifted a round trip ticket to Japan to visit my daughter. Last night Mollie and I were on the phone planning our trip and I realized I really want to do this. Not just seeing Mollie but going to the Ghibli museum (I fucking love Studio Ghibli) and seeing Korea town (KPop merch and Korean skin care heaven). I want to eat ramen every day and take the train and just experience Japan for my interests.

So anyway, we have a year. I am going in September 2024. I need to be mobile. And I'm going to. Ghibli, Kpop and stationary await me. And ramen. I'm going to be terrifying with ramen. I told Mollie to imagine she's hanging with Naruto (if you get it, you get it).

Love y'all. Read Az's post. Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I am cheering you one every step of the way--go, legs! May the PT work beautifully.

    (and thank you for your kind words about my post--this and more has been brewing in my gut for months)

    ReplyDelete