Thursday, November 21, 2019

Today

Aloha Blog Ohana!!

In the midst of impeachment and daily revelations of just how corrupt this administration is, my brother was indignant that anyone would think there was a good reason not to support the Orange Menace. "Even with everything he's been doing?" I asked in disbelief.

"What has he done?" my bro countered. "He's been the most abused president in history. He came into office with everybody against him."

So there you have it folks: the man who bragged about grabbing pussies, cheating on every wife, who has been accused of rape, partying with Jeffrey Epstein and is apparently running a money laundering business from the Oval Office is deeply misunderstood and under supported.

Poor, poor little orange man.

Anyway...Mollie is coming home for Christmas!! So fucking happy about this, I can't contain my joy.I now get to start buying gifts for her and planning some fun.

This is a very happy Mama here.

I'm moved into my bigger bedroom and it is so much bigger. I love it. I especially love having a closet where I can arrange my clothes and see them.

I've discovered CBD. It's basically hemp and can be used as a salve, in supplements, oil and various things. I freaking love the salve. A little on my knees in the morning and I swear to all that is holy, my knee pain disappears. It's a Thanksgiving miracle. (No exaggeration, this stuff is really that amazing. I'm also taking a supplement but I'm not sure if it's doing anything besides making me yawn uncontrollably for about an hour and a half every day.)

I bought purple and lavender paint today so shelves and hardware will be painted this weekend. Once I get shelves on the wall (as well as art) then my room will be complete. So excited!!

I'm reading more Talia Hibbert books. I like her voice and I like her characters. I finally got some books I ordered like forever ago (self-help by Brene Brown and feminism literature by Roxane Gay and another author whose name I can't think of right now... ) so I'll be reading those next.

Anyway, I'm currently a very happy camper. Stress at work but it's manageable and felt by everyone, family is all currently healthy and I can momentarily breathe about finances.

So how are all of you out there doing? Chime in. I really want to know what's going on.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are happy up there Ms Lori! Awesome that Miss Mollie is coming home so please give her a hug from me xoxo

    As to your brother and the His Orangeness... no comment.

    It really sounds like things are falling into place at last and while not perfect, it's on the way. Can't wait to see photos of the new room, once you're done. Mine looks like a warehouse with all the boxes (I need to move out to get the roof fixed) but I'll get to it. Eventually... lol

    Nothing terribly exciting happening here. I'm doing Nano again and I hit my 50k yesterday, 8 days early so that's something. I'm actually happy that I started with one story and I'm still on that same story, unlike previous years, where I would start one story, get bored or run out of ideas and start another, and another so that by the end of hte month, I had my target hit but about 17 different stories. As to what will become of this current masterpiece, it's folder filler but it's my folder filler and I'm happy with that :D

    Oh, and so you know, I'm seriously going to try and save next year so I can come visit. Even if we don't do the road trip - omg what a hoot that would be - it would be awesome to catch up. Fingers crossed I can stay out of Wish.com long enough to get at least the fare to the airport by Easter lol...

    Big hugs to y'all and again, happy you're happy. Have a great weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Miss Mollie visiting for Xmas! And yay for new, larger room! I am so glad you are doing better, despite work woes and family disagreements.

    ReplyDelete