Saturday, November 25, 2017

Still Old, Still Farting and Still Talking Romance

We're still here.

Where there's a Lori, there's a Carolyn and behind every Carolyn is a Lori. We're still a team, still together and still talking.

We're just the same and different.

Mollie is a junior in high school and already going to college fairs and starting to look at scholarships. She'll be leaving me soon and my life is on the cusp of that great loss... right now I'm living in every moment enjoying the last years of being a mother to a child.

My heart swells and breaks every day.

Carolyn has been adjusting to life on her own in the middle of Trump country. It's a struggle sometimes to find a reason to get up and keep moving and she's working on that. This is not a world created for aging people.

We're still laughing and fighting. We still look at pictures of Jason Mamoa and clutch our pearls. (We'd rather clutch something else .. nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

We miss the romance community.

But we're figuring things out and where we want to be.

These old farts aren't done yet.

7 comments:

  1. I do miss the romance community but it isn't completely my fault that I seldom go there now except for the book sales. However, that's a point for another post.

    Tell Mollie the new banner is way cool and takes us back to our roots. Thank you, Mollie. :-)

    I've been trying to come up with an excuse for my long absence and when I have a reason that will cover my ass (rather iffy considering said ass's new size), I will definitely contribute a post.

    In the meantime - lets's read us a book, Lori, and write one of our famous non-reviews (heh and :-)). It can't be any harder than defeating the dreaded time difference; we stagger around just a bit but never say 'die'. Or 'dead'. Or whatever the expression is.

    Rah, rah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely ladies, glad you're still here!

    Great work on the banner Miss Mollie. Can't believe you are thinking about colleges already! Lori, I can't even imagine how hard that's going to be when she has to say goodbye. Give her a big hug for me.

    Carolyn, look forward to reading your reviews - they crack me up and sometimes inspire me to read the book myself. Always a good thing.

    Have at it ladies :D

    HUGS
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Can I perv on the lovely Jason Momoa with you too? I promise to behave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, glad you're keeping on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete