Thursday, October 28, 2021

Time to Calm Down



Aloha my loves,

I was just starting this blog post and was going to write "First thing: Just breathe" and then realized that the card I chose yesterday to display (these are called Calm Cards) was well, the pic above.

You see, I'd forgotten. 

I'm in a bit of a manic phase right now. There's so much going on with 2 jobs and doing all these appointments/tests in the hope of getting bariatric surgery that I forgot to stop. Take a breath. 

Yesterday I scheduled myself an appointment for today to get shots: Covid booster, flu, shingles. I need them all. But I don't need them all today. I don't need them immediately, I don't need to run out and move, move, move. Because the moving isn't doing me any favors. The manic action isn't helping me. Filling my plate knowing that at some time the pace will hurt me, the action will cause a crash...

So I'm stopping today. Taking a deep breath. Resetting. 

I did the same thing with my finances. I paid my bills and left myself less than $100 for the week despite needing to get gas, having dinner with a friend tomorrow night and planning to make family dinner Sunday night (I'm craving curry so I'm going to make a chicken curry stew). What the fuck was I thinking? Especially because I stopped and thought carefully and realized that I pre-paid a bill I didn't have to pre-pay because I now have a second source of income.

So I cancelled the payment. Now I have enough money to do what's planned without worry as well as knowing that I'll have the bill paid without sweating. 

Breathe. Calm down. Think before you act.

I'm learning. I don't want to crash. I don't need a panic. It's going to be fine. Self care starts with breathing. Let me catch my breath.

2 comments:

  1. The older you get, the wiser you get. I shall now start texting you to "breathe". 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to stop and smell the roses occasionally. ♥

    ReplyDelete