Monday, October 11, 2021

My 216 Pound Life

 Dear Carolyn,

well now that you mentioned it, I'm watching my 600 Pound Life. Wow. It's super hard to watch someone go from over 600 pounds to under 200 and still be so unhappy. 

You know, all fat people think that if they just lose the weight then everything would be fine. Obviously it doesn't work like that. They're obviously healthier. But it isn't a miracle. We all want miracles..

Speaking of miracles, Carolyn: my brother said he'll happily go with me to Oahu for surgery! Do you believe it? I'm so happy. I really wanted a family member with me and he didn't even hesitate when I asked. I'm so fucking happy!!!

So I finally looked up my insurance guidelines for bariatric surgery. So here's the thing that scares me: I have no underlying health conditions. I have hypertension but no diabetes. No sleep apnea (but I have to have the sleep study per insurance guidelines). The only way I qualify for surgery is with my BMI. You have to have a BMI of 40 or over. Mine is 44. 

So that's what's bothering me: if I start the pre-op diet now (which I feel like I should be doing) and start exercising then I'll lose weight. And would I be able to drop under the 40 BMI? Will I not be able to do the surgery?


No comments:

Post a Comment