Thursday, October 21, 2021

Round-Up

 Hello Friends,

a few things happening in life recently worth mentioning (at least in my mind because let's face it, I have The Lori Show running in my head constantly but I'm truly its only viewer). But anyway...

I started a second job. 3 days a week I'm doing county Covid testing. It's a temp position through January unless they extend the funding. It's easy and enjoyable. Gets me out of the house, I get to see and interact with people and they pay me. So it really is all good. And it's coming just when I was worrying about buying Christmas gifts.

The march toward surgery goes forward. Tomorrow I have appointments with a dietician and physician and next week with the psychologist. I also have a sleep study scheduled in 2 weeks which is so weird. I know I don't have sleep apnea but because of my size I have to do the sleep study. And of course I will because I want the damned surgery.

I'm watching Love Is Blind: Brazil on Netflix. That's the show where people get engaged without seeing each other and then have 4 weeks together before deciding whether or not to get married. The first show in America, two of the couples remained married. I'll be amazed if any of these couples survive. Brazil certainly is not as feminist and the men have some macho shit going on that's going to bite them in the ass.

Not reading much right now. Essays from Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. She's brilliant and her writing is assessable. The third Paladin book in T.L. Kingfisher's series dropped and I started it and it's good but I haven't picked up my Kindle in awhile. 

Anyway, that's what's going on in LoriLand. 

2 comments:

  1. :) ♥

    We have a show down here called 'Married at first sight' based on the Danish version, where contestants are 'married' the day they meet. Our laws prohibit them being married for real, its just a concept, apparently. Never watched it, never want to watch it (almost as stupid as the idea about watching a show about people watching tv...) and it makes me shake my head as to what some people are willing to do, just to get on tv.

    What's worse is when one of these reality stars goes onto another show, being featured as a star. I mean, puhlease! Ok, I'll stop ranting now, you know how I feel lol. But I had to mention it, after your Love is Blind thing.

    Yay for second job. How much fun are you going to have sticking swabs up noses? LOL. Just think of the money.

    Good luck with appointments for surgery, will be keeping all thigns crossed for you.

    I haven't read for aeons. I'm about a third into the 5th Outlander book but I stopped. I also got a copy of 'John Winchester's Diary', which is... different. I think I need to check out the bookshelf in the lounge and find me something decent lol

    Anywho, happy trails on the Lori Show - can you get tickets for the audience? ;)

    Mwah xx

    ReplyDelete