Monday, March 21, 2022

Weekly Menus, Repair Plans and Coffee


My coffee/drink station. It was one of the first things I set up in my apartment and still makes me happy to see. And I'm a hydration station girl. I have coffee every morning, I had a pitcher of pink lemonade in the fridge as well as cold brew, cherry/pomegranate juice and filtered water.

Love me my drinks.



My oils. Soy sauce and pan spray. The light green contains vegetable oil and the blue/grey has olive oil. The skull has white vinegar in it and I love pouring it in the sink with baking soda and watching it bubble up and I feel so witchy.

I found this at the thrift store. It's my spoon rest. I love it. I love china and this sort of ultra feminine stuff I adore. One day I want to buy a whole set of china like this: they sometimes have it at the thrift store but it's spendy. I would so absolutely use it as my everyday china.

My biggest happiness on Saturday: finally found the aisle in Walmart where all the kitchen stuff I needed was hidden. So I got a little sponge organizer for my sink and a dish rack. They also have all the boxes to organize the junk drawer which I plan to buy later. God, I love love love organizational tools. Marie Kondo is my jam.


So this is my bathtub and that's chinks in the porcelain. I have a lot of decolorization on the rim and top also. I didn't think there was anything I could do about it but discovered that Amazon sells porcelain paint. So it's on my list for my next Amazon purchase. I'm getting white and ivory to mix and going to touch it all up.

I also need to do something with my bathroom mirror. It has a raw edge and looks awful. I saw a hack on TikTok that's just wrap black electrical tape around it to make it look finished. I might try that if I can't find a more appealing idea.

Another new thing I'm trying is menu planning. I emptied my freezer and then reorganized it as well as listed everything I have. Then I planned a week's menu with notes. So tonight I'll make egg roll in a bowl to use up the last of my cole slaw pack and one of three ground turkey packs. Last night I made pork ribs which added three packs of single servings of ribs to the freezer as well as 1 serving for leftovers later in the week.

As a single person I don't need to buy a lot and everything I buy gives me multiple meals. And this way I'm taking all the "what do I want to cook?" angst out because it's planned and some of it is already prepped.

I also have a weekly cleaning calendar but I don't think that's going to work for me. We'll see on that.

Okay, that's my blathering about uninteresting stuff right now. Back to work.


1 comment:

  1. I'm tired and need a nap after reading that, lol. You are so energized since moving. 🙂

    My sister loves stuff like this too and me? I live with it, lol.

    ReplyDelete