Tuesday, February 13, 2024

When They Have an Evil Side

I've previously mentioned George, the stray orange cat that I've been feeding. And I believe I've previously mentioned Norman, the maintenance manager of my apartment complex. Now these 2 are converging and I'm sick to my stomach.

George visits twice daily and I feed him. Sometimes he wanders a little bit inside but he always leaves. I'm not trying to catch him, I wanted him to decide if he wants to be adopted. 

So today Norman (who I've always liked) came to tell me that I can't put cat food outside my door anymore. They're setting traps to catch the stray cats and (this is the part that makes me ill), they plan to take the cats to a different place and just dump them out there. 

George isn't fixed. George isn't feral. Not really. He was abandoned I'm sure and he deserves a home because he's an orange cat and all cats deserve homes. As do all dogs and children and donkeys and the rest.

For fuck's sake: cruelty is cruelty.

Anyway, I'm going to try and keep George safe. But I don't think I like Norman anymore which is sad because I really liked him a lot previously. And now I have to worry about either of my cats wandering and getting caught in a trap.

What the absolute fuck.

1 comment:

  1. What the...indeed! Do Murder and Wednesday have tags? Surely he knows them and won't just pick them up in a random sweep if they're outside. Would he? Please keep them safe and as to Norman...:P asshat

    ReplyDelete