Monday, February 12, 2024

When Life Hands You Tuna: Feed the Cats

 So Wednesday took off over a week ago and I pretty much accepted she was gone. 8 or 9 days is a long time. And then last night about 9pm I hear loud meowing at the front door and she's home. Complaining non-stop, seeking as much affection as possible and home. 

Murder is angry because in the last week + with Wednesday gone, we've had a nice, calm time together. Murder has stayed close, we've had lots of quiet petting and cuddles and treats. I've liked it too. It was calm. Murder and I are like an old couple. We're settled together. We're happy.

So Mollie wants Wednesday to come to Japan and live with her and her cat Biyoo. Biyoo would love to have a mate. Mollie cat sat for a friend for a week and Biyoo haunted that cat wanting to play, wanting to cuddle together, Biyoo and Wednesday might be a dream team.

And I love Wednesday but I was happier with her gone. I hate to admit it but it's true. So I think we'll be looking at Wednesday becoming an international cat.

Does she need a passport?

3 comments:

  1. A feline equivalent, yes, plus you and Mollie need to check what kind of vaccinations she needs to get in Hawai'i in order to enter Japan, how long and how costly the quarantine is once she gets there, and so forth.

    (And as someone who right now has her cats separated by a door and is fending through-the-door fights, I totally get the "I love her, but")

    In the same vein, however, Mollie may want to think ahead what to do if the two cats do not get along after a reasonable time for introduction and acclimation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny but after posting this, I realized that most likely I would never do it. And the main reason is that I think the emotional damage done to Wednesday of being put in a cage and handled like luggage would feel unbearable to me. Her safety is just too big a concern and despite everything, I want to guarantee that.
    She's hard to live with. But hard to live with does not mean impossible to live with. It means adjustments need to be made. So I'll adjust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely be traumatic, especially for a cad who's been allowed to roam free (not so much the trip; my understanding is that a vet could prescribe something to help during a flight, though it's several hours in airports--but the quarantine can be weeks, depending on country)

      You didn't ask, but I have found some peace by keeping my two cats separated entirely. It's a bit more work right now because I have to create the habit of checking both food and drink bowls and so on, but once it's routine, I don't think I'll notice or care, and so far they both seem happier (and I can sleep better, even with a cat in the room)

      Best of luck, my friend.

      Delete