Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wednesday


I just love this picture of Murder. 

Anyway... today was the day I was supposed to see my sister for lunch but then I canceled because, well... you know. I'm feeling so good about my choice. I wanted to see her but not the rest of them. I have love for my sisters-in-law but there's a lot of mixed feelings with it. 

I saw a TikTok video where a woman was saying that since she distanced herself from certain members of the family, time has allowed other family members to really see and understand the toxic behavior. When the "lightening rod" of the family is removed, where does all that extra sparkle go? 

Anyway, I've been very isolated lately and I'm finding that it's quite soothing. I haven't been reading but I've been listening to a lot of different music and loving it. I've been tinkering in the apartment and love it.

I've also given up on prescribed meal times and eat when I'm hungry. The other day I had dinner at 3:30. Last night I ate celery and dip at about 8. My body is finally being listened to. It's extraordinary. Very calming.

Today is grocery day and that excites me. So much cheese waiting to be eaten.

Anyway: just a check in. I'm back to following politics a little because I'm starting to feel safe in my space. And Elon Musk buying Twitter? Well fuck. All these billionaires who could solve world hunger (or even childhood hunger/poverty) without taking a financial hit but they'd rather spend 44 billion on buying a platform to make people stop hurting their feelings.

Men are too damned fragile. Seriously. They all see themselves as alpha and warriors and yet watch them at their lives. Most men would fold if living in our lives. Women take pain and turn it into beauty. Men take pain and shoot up nightclubs.

Okay, enough. I am going to go buy cheese. And crackers. And a salad pack or 2. Life is so good...

3 comments:

  1. "All these billionaires who could solve world hunger (or even childhood hunger/poverty) without taking a financial hit but they'd rather spend 44 billion on buying a platform to make people stop hurting their feelings."

    NAILED IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Willa, btw. Commenting gets weirder every time I try. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, yes, THE FRAGILITY of privileged cis men is something else entirely; and it's telling how there are mobs of less privileged cis men flooding spaces where any criticism of the billionaire has occurred, rushing to defend their aspirational figure.

    At least they tell on themselves, right?

    ReplyDelete