Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter/Passover/Sunday


 Well in strict defiance of all Passover rules and traditions, I'm baking bread today. Huge urge to smell yeast and make something basic and beautiful. Peanut butter cookies too. Dinner is shrimp and rice so obviously I'm going to be bonding with my kitchen today.

My position as Office Bitch has been secured now. I was working a week ahead and every overbooked appointment got an email to the person who made the appointment (cc'ing the Doctor and Office Manager) telling that person to fix it. They wouldn't listen and now they they're going to get dinged.

Also, a huge problem in the office with insurance verification keeps happening and it became obvious that it was bound to become my problem. So I took a day to look at the problem and realized that the best solution made it my job to fix. Which actually means that the girls not doing their jobs properly just added more hours to my paycheck. Since I've been working about a 72 hour paycheck, they just increased it to an 80 hour paycheck.

And the best part? This is what I love to do. Sit with a bunch of schedules and verify insurance online. Since I can sit with my feet up on my couch, a world of cushions behind me, a cat knocking things over somewhere in the distance... ha! Thanks ladies. More money doing something I enjoy.

So time to find a bread recipe I want to do today. Love to all you glorious women. 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely *love* that you are going to get financially and work-satisfaction/enjoyment rewarded for this. That, my friend, is the fricking dream.

    Happy Easter/Passover/Sunday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter/Passover/Sunday to you and the readers, lovely. I can smell the bread from here... noice! And yay on being the OB again - fun times ahead lol. Gotta love getting paid to do something that makes you happy, when others aren't so much. That will learn them. You'll have the office humming along soon, I'm sure! Good luck and a cuddles for Murder, if Murder likes 'em...
    xx

    ReplyDelete