Thursday, February 17, 2022

On Becoming the Office Bitch


 I'm blessed and I know it. I've moved into my own place and I'm learning to love it. I work from home and went from scraping every penny to being able to start paying down some debt. I don't set an alarm anymore. My work day starts when I get up and choose to start it.

But I've taken a new role at work: the office bitch.

Caveat: if I were true blue bitch then my emails would include the bosses but they don't. I'm trying to keep the doc out of it. 

Still... yesterday I sent an email to all but the bosses pointing out the things that are being done that need to not happen. I tried to be nice. I acknowledged how hard everyone is working and how much stress they're under but I still slammed. Read the superbills! I screamed in bold font. Stop hiding insurance information from the biller I underlined.

Today I sent an email to a coworker asking her not to do something in the schedule that's upsetting (moving patient's appointment times and not communicating with the patients). She wrote back and said she's never done it. Now I don't like being this bitch but here we go: every appointment has a history attached starting when the appointment is made and then logging each person who touched it and what they did. I'm not stupid. It's right there in black and white.

So I wrote back and suggested that she log out of the computer every time she walks away from it because someone is obviously going into her computer and using her log in to fuck up the schedule. Bitch, please.

These are kids (one is 20, one is 23, one is 42 and one is a grandma). And I'm the matriarch of this family and I rap knuckles. I give side-eye. I am that bitch. But I also love each one of them because they all have some beautiful qualities and I want them to succeed. I want them to walk away from this job and walk into the next one and slay. 

And this is my last job. When this ends I'll start getting social security and work something part time like driving for Uber or something but this is the last full time job I'm going to have. So I'm going to enjoy it. And do my best. 

And be the bitch because I can. Because they need me. And because my attitude comes with cookies and juice boxes so bitch... do better and then give me a hug.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! You are the best kind of office bitch but ... have you noticed how few people these days can take constructive criticism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people need to be called in when they fuck up, because when they do fuck up, it doesn't affect just them. They are not just making the patients' lives harder (and in a fucking pandemic, to boot!), but also their coworkers--and this type of shit eventually gets reflected in the bottom line, which is bad for literally everyone involved, including themselves.

    They'll probably won't appreciate your efforts, but I'm glad you feel comfortable in the role.

    Someone's gotta do it, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where that crown proudly! I hate having something pointed out that I've done wrong but if it's conveyed politely then of course. If it needs to be bolded, underlined and all caps, then shit just got real! Maybe it's just me but work ethic these days seems to be slipping by the wayside, along with respect, kindness...

    Sorry. Wrong post for that. Still, you go girl! And when you become an Uber driver, can I grab a lift? I need to go into town. Do you have juice boxes then too? LOL

    MWAH!!

    ReplyDelete