Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Murder, she Purred

 

I didn't expect this cat. She has cloudy eyes because apparently fire ants damaged them. Many, many missing patches of fur. A few healing cuts. Her tail looks just like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.

I'm not a woman who ever chooses the broken one because I can fix it. But this one... I was there with Megan and Joe and all the cats kept coming to us for attention and then wandering away. She didn't leave. She stayed and waited calmly and kept reminding us she was available for petting. And when it was finally between her and a Siamese with no issues, she got aggressive and swatted away anyone who approached. She staked her claim.

I like letting the cat choose me. She chose, I agreed. 

The shelter is a no kill shelter that takes anyone and everyone and unfortunately were chaotic as heck. There was no information on any of the cats. She had no name, no health history, nothing. All I know for sure is that she's fixed and she got treated for fleas.

She's desperate for attention. She's freaked out being in an apartment where there's a lot of foot traffic outside but hopefully she gets used to it. When she's not scared of strangers though she's asking why this human has 2 hands and nether is petting her.

I was going to name her Bebe but Mollie hated the name. We got it down to 2 names: Bebe and Murder Mittens. (She has huge paws and Mollie calls them murder mittens and that's shockingly accurate.) So we let the cat decide. The cat decided on Murder.

So I'm living with Murder. I'm hoping that in a month or more there will be a lot more healing for her and her fur and well... everything (she's scrawny as heck too). And some healing for me now that I have someone to cuddle.

Me and Murder. Murder and me. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be good for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww bless. I love that she picked you. Must have had a great sense about you because we all know cats are picky. Will be expecting tales of Murder in the coming weeks. Hmm, that coudl be a book idea for you lol.

    MWAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live with Murder, I live with Nightmare

    Here's to both of you healing together ::hug::

    ReplyDelete