Tuesday, December 21, 2021

You Light Up My Life

 


Years ago I saw this chandelier online and I saved it on Pinterest on my dream home board. This picture does not show it in all its glory with the dangling pieces and the colors and all. Anyway, after moving to Hawaii and living in someone else's home, I wanted something that expressed me in my room and I found this beauty on Amazon. Affordable and so gorgeous.

Moving into my apartment I discovered that there are no ceiling light fixtures. I can't use my chandelier. I was sad but ah well, life changes. I decided I'd sell it and move on.

But then I got it here and started cleaning it and all the wonderful feelings it evokes were still there. But I can't use it. So I listed it. But I keep looking at it and thinking how good it would look with the colors I'm bringing into my rooms. So I texted my brother and asked if we can somehow turn it into a plug in lamp and hang it? And he said we'll make it happen.

And I'm so happy. Because for the first time in a very long time (which might be ever) I have a style. An honest to God actual style which makes me comfortable and happy and expresses my heart: Bohemian. I love the colors and the layered textures and the riot of pattern. 

It's expressed everywhere I look. My bedroom is already coming together with colors and patterns. And my chandelier once it's hung, will draw so much of the living room into it. The bright yellows, the pillows I plan to make.

Oh yeah... I need to make pillow covers and curtains. My entire being is screaming for color. And how can I not keep the chandelier that is the centerpiece for my expressing me? 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news. Nothing worse than loving something but having to get rid of it because you can't use/keep it. Would love to see the end product. Go you Bohemian chick you xxx

    ReplyDelete