Sunday, December 19, 2021

Rest In Piece, You Glorious Baritone

 

Please overlook the tears. 

This is Carlos. The baritone of Il Divo, the cheesy showman who honestly twinkled and could sing the panties right off the front row. He was how Carolyn and I met. He was the catalyst in my life from "I'd really like to be a writer" to "I just wrote a 60,000+ word story called The Cheeky Spaniard all about Carlos."

Carlos Marin. The little Caruso. 

I don't even listen to Il Divo anymore. I listen to K-Pop and women singers. The only Il Divo still in my life is Carolyn's ringtone. But I followed on social media. I forwarded occasionally to my friend. And no matter what, it was Carlos who inspired me to write the damned book instead of just wish I could.

He was vaccinated but Covid didn't care. It got into those beautiful lungs and killed him. 

All my love, Carlos. Thank you for the dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Just got your email and can't believe it. While he wasn't my fave Divo, still loved and respected his talent. Can't believe it...

    Gutted with you. I'm not sure how to deal with this. Big hugs my Cutie friend. Big hugs.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unbelievable. He was only 53. Such a talent to be cut down so young. Bless him and m thoughts go out to his friends and family.

    ReplyDelete