Friday, December 31, 2021

Buh Bye You Fucking Weird Year

 


So long 2021.

I can spend another post being pissy and upset and hating the world. That's pretty easy, actually. But trying to get any excitement for 2022... yeah, that's a no.

I figured the least I could do is try to change my headspace for the New Year. Realized that wouldn't quite work either. But whatever...

So between the time writing that last paragraph and writing this one, 2021 had one more surprise for me. My part time (30 hours a week) job became full time if I wanted it which I do. That's 20 hours of pay I needed desperately and have been looking for in a second job. Now I can get my finances back on track. 

Thank God.

So todays is New Years Eve and I plan to play video games with my daughter and do laundry and start super-cleaning and super-organizing my apartment. I might be starting 2022 off with a disbelief in goodness but I will start the year off clean and organized. Gonna Marie Kondo myself into a stupor.

Everybody stay safe out there because people are assholes. Omicron is kicking butts. People are drunk and driving. Please stay safe.

Happy new year!!   Have fun seeing this dumpster fire leaving our lives!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad--so fucking GLAD!--that 2021 gave you a nice surprise that will help you start 2022 in the right financial track.

    Money ain't happiness, but its lack for sure heralds misery.

    ReplyDelete