Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday Woes

 My cat Wednesday is disappeared. It's my fault: I leave the front door open while I work so the cats can wander, and what they usually do which is sit in the doorway and watch the world. I also have high perches at 3 different windows for those nosey Parkers.

But Wednesday left at some point and hasn't come home. This same thing happened with Murder when I started letting him out, he did an overnighter once and then came home and never did it again.

So I do think Wednesday will come home. But I'm going to worry until she does.

**

I'm taking a stranger out for a meal today or tomorrow. 

Jack, Mollie's HR manager, is in Hilo right now for a couple of days and Mollie asked me to take him out and she asked him to carry food back to Japan for her. Ha. She's a cunning one, my child. 

So I need to buy Mollie a shitload of Rice a Roni type foods because she's an addict as well as chocolate bars and Cheetos. Apparently Japanese Cheetos taste like shit.

**

I've had really wonderful energy for the last few days and today the energy went on the fritz. I was tired, had trouble concentrating, was a little pissy. And the funny thing is that I've been doing a wonderful decluttering job and my apartment is starting to feel so good and right. So this energy frazzle was unexpected and hard to handle.

I feel a lot more like myself recently. Instead of thinking "yeah, I should get that done sometime:, I've been doing a lot. The chaos in my brain doesn't reflect in my living space and the more comfortable and happy my space feels, the more I feel like Lori again.

I've been reading so much too. I finished Blackbird & Butcher which was wonderful and then read The Ladies Rewrite the Rules which was a sweet historical that was like a dessert. Not filling but very tasty and enjoyable.

And Carolyn downloaded a series of short stories called Meet Cute or something like that but it's like meet cutes on Valentines Day and the first 2 were wonderful, the third was good and the fourth sucked donkey balls. There are 2 more I think but I might try something else because I want something a little meatier.

Send love and return vibes for Wednesday. She a biter, a constant meower and I adore her so I want her home safe.

2 comments:

  1. All fingers crossed for Wednesday's safe return--and may she be forever cured of her love of the outside.

    Here's to a good lunch with Mollie's coworker.

    ::more vibes all around::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope hope hope she'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete