Friday, October 6, 2023

Witchy Season

 

This might be a slightly strange post so forgive me.

A few months back I found Witch Tok on TikTok and found it to be interesting, silly, banal, intriguing and very feminist. There's something in the practice of witchcraft that's appealing in 2 ways for me:

1. It's truly a female craft and 

2. it's a craft. As much as sewing or knitting or writing a poem.

I told Carolyn "I'm going to become a witch" and she said something along the lines of "uhhuh" since a week earlier I was running away to join the circus. After almost 20 years she knows my mind better than most.

And she was right. I moved on and looked at other things and life kept life-ing and all was fine. But turning 65, officially a crone, and I'm returning to the wish of witching. Not in a desire to curse my enemies or do "spells" as much as reclaiming something that has been lacking in my life: spirituality or the connection to the universe without the all powerful Sky Daddy.

I jokingly said that I want to learn how to use make-up so I can shape shift (but it wasn't a joke at all) (I want more faces), so I want to welcome something spiritual in my life. 

So today I made a simmer pot. Citrus fruits, rose petals, cinnamon sticks and cloves and a low simmer. Stir counter clockwise. My apartment smells heavenly. Did I chant a spell. No, I sent words of love to my daughter. I reached inside myself and sent out love.

I intend to learn more. I have no clue what is out there or what will resonate. It's like the candles I found today at TJ Maxx. The minute I saw them I knew I had my spell bowls. I'm trusting that between me and the universe, I'll find what I need.

**Addendum: at 1:30 am my daughter woke me because she had put her name in a lottery for a concert ticket and a meet with her #1 K-Pop group (this will be her third concert). She called me to tell me she won and will meet her crush of so many years. It was wild exciting for her. A dream come true.

Did I help that happen? I think maybe. I want to think maybe. 

We'll see. 

Love to you all. Stay safe.


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea that you helped make that wish come true for her. Sending you both all the good vibes (and what's that but love?) to you both.

    ReplyDelete