Saturday, November 13, 2021

How Do People Sleep

 Woke up yesterday morning to a text from Carolyn's sister and ended the day with a new apartment and more worries than I can shake a stick at.

When does life just stop being chaotic?

Seven years ago I sold or gave away everything I owned to move to Hawaii and live with my brother and his wife. And for seven years it's worked. But it's time to change it up. My brother and I are speaking again but I think it's best for both of us for me to leave. And he and his wife need some time to live alone (her mother lived with them since day one so they've never been alone).

But I have nothing. And I'm a 63 year old woman, not a 20 year old college student so I don't want someone's old raggedy cast-aways. 

It's a small apartment (and I think kind of ugly) but I can see the ocean from my bedroom window and there's an actual tiny walk-in closet and it's going to fit me just fine. But I need a couch, a table, a side table, a kitchen table. I have a bed and dresser, a shelving unit, I bought a chair and a new mattress.

I'll have to wait awhile for the couch. And I probably can find a kitchen table on Craigslist/ 

But then I have to figure out all my bills and if my doc would give me just a few more hours a week... 

It's 3 am and I can't sleep. My mind won't turn off so I'm just going to fret awhile.

Hope you're all sleeping well. Bitches.

2 comments:

  1. I have some things to send you but apparently mail coming into or leaving the US isn't happening now, so not sure how I can get it to you.

    It's good you have your own space, to make your own and I'm sure it won't be ugly for long. Gotta love having the beach view. I have a view of the feral neighbours out my window...

    It's good too that you're speaking once more to the sibling but as you say, it's probably best to part ways. I can't believe it's been seven years since you moved to Hawaii. Where the hell ahs the time gone?

    Does it help to know that I have worries too and can't sleep? If it wasn't so late here and would disturb the crumblies (who need their sleep - they're old lol), I'd find a way to chat with ya. Five minutes talking footy or something else and you'd be snoring away happily.

    Good look on the furniture hunt. We expect to see photos as you update and upgrade :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need right now is a bed, a chair and the girls. All else can wait. Except a knife and a spoon. Oh and a plate. Maybe a pot ... *grin*

    ReplyDelete