Friday, November 12, 2021

Carolyn

So she's quite alive, thankyouverymuch, but she's in the hospital because something happened to a nerve or bone or some body part and she's in pain. Sister Moe will keep us updated.

I'm a little put out right now because Carolyn has now made me cry 2 days in a row. And yes, I know she's going to be fine but if my red-headed BFF was willing to go in an ambulance to the hospital, it means she was in severe pain because that woman is stoic. She's the girl that the werewolf would bite and she'd be all "it's just a little nip" until she grew fangs and a fur coat under the full moon and then she might admit it was a little bit more.

But last night I was finally getting really down with this situation I'm living in and I was feeling sorry for myself and thinking that it would be nice if some time in my life there was a single human being who would fight for me. Parents, teachers, bosses... And then I thought of Carolyn.

I thought of Carolyn taking on the Uber Brigade in the ID Forum because I did or said something that pissed them off (again). I remembered how a small blog post created a huge fucking stink in Romancelandia when I questioned a teenage boy as a romance blogger having personal conversations about romance novels with strange women on the internet (predator alert, people). I posted that on Mollie's birthday and then blithely went on to a kid's party and fun and Carolyn put on her battle armor and struck her Valkyrie pose and defended the blog and my honor until I got home and saw the pot I stirred up.

Carolyn has had my back since we first met. She's my cheerleader, my defender, my bodyguard and my sister. Nobody has ever been like her in my life and nobody will ever take her place. She's the epitome of loyal, her heart is bigger than anyone I've ever met and she's made my world brighter and better by being in it.

**update: she's home and she's fucking old. Age is unkind to us as those with bad joints and muscles and all. She'll probably hate this blog post but I'm going to leave it up anyway. You all are stuck listening to me whine about my bad knees and big belly and now we'll add Carolyn's bad hips to the whine brigade. That's what you get when you hang around us Old Farts.**


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad she's back home, and very sorry she's been in such pain.

    Getting old sucks; sadly, the alternative is so much worse.

    Much courage for us all who fight time (the fucking asshole) every day.

    Please tell Carolyn I hope she gets something good for the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't AZ. *frowning* Didn't even see a doctor, seems they've got techs now.

    So I decided to take aspirin. Its mostly known these days as a blood thinner, but it's also an analgesic and anti-inflammatory. Pain is bearable right now. Thank you for your concern

    Lori. What can I say except ditto. Its been a long hard road; friends make it bearable and sometimes successful. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, big hugs!! Hope the pain doesn't linger too long.

    Lori, had to laugh at the Uber brigade comment. They were feral, weren't they? I know I had my actual sanity and mental wellbeing questioned because I dared to write a small story that made Urs the villian... Lesson learned - don't do it, it's not worth it lol

    I'm so glad you girls have each other, especially for times like this. Knowing someone is always in your corner could just be the thing to get you through. Love ya both. MWAH!

    xx

    ReplyDelete