Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Merry and Bright





So it begins. The holiday hellscape of families, boundaries, politics, emotional manipulation...

Nah. Not this year. This year boundaries are in place and warnings have been sent ahead. I'm going to Honakaa today (Wednesday) and spending the night. Myrna and I plan to enjoy our kitchen time together. She cooks and I peel and cut and clean up behind her. We can talk about almost anything and everything and we'll have a wonderful time.

I wanted to go a day early so I can go into town and do some local shopping for gifts. 

The pics above are the wallpapers up in my apartment. We've finally got them all up and I'm delighted. The bedroom wallpaper especially. It's dark and bold and makes me feel witchy as fuck. I don't know why. It just brings a moodiness that I love. 

So Fox News has started its annual War on Woke Christmas and of course, Target is the target. They have a actual nutcracker (black or white) with a rainbow theme and then there's the $3 black Santa in a wheelchair ornament. How dare anybody try to make holidays inclusive!!! First our mermaids, now our $3 Santa ornaments.

Of course all they do is give Target publicity and people like me buy the shit because it's funny as fuck. Since I'm a Jewish witch, a wheelchair bound black Santa belongs on my tree. Along with the holiday dinosaurs and cats. I do like a little tradition.

Anyway, no matter what you celebrate, if you do celebrate, stay safe. Draw an invisible border around you with a thick, thick line. Don't be a good girl. We're done with that shit.

And if you're going to be around a right wing, Trump loving, antiwoke brother who you're discovering that maybe you really don't like very much after all, well... gonna make these holidays a little more interesting.

I love you ladies. Honestly and really. Stay safe. Don't let people steal your moments. 

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEA! You're my eternal fiancee with the big rack, weird words and heart as boundless as her love for Henry Cavill. You're really a strange one Lea, which is among the 2,034 reasons I love you.





 

7 comments:

  1. Boundaries for the win.

    Here's to a most lovely, safe, secure, happy and healthy holiday season for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has given me many a chuckle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kyRNRZBB4M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Thanks Sugar Drawers! Love ya long time back! And heads up - don't have the big rack anymore, so will that change things? LOL

    Happy ornament buying, they sound...intriguing lol xxx

    Willa, I can't see hte video. Apparently it's not viewable in Aus. I'll have a look for it elsewhere lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sorry! It's an Saturday Night Love fake ad for hiring Leslie Jones to come to your Thanksgiving and shut down all your obnoxious relatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willa. I've seen her work so I can imagine what it was like. Weird though, as I found the clip on a news site and it was blocked there too. Maybe they think we Aussies are too sensitive for that kind of thing.

      BAHAHAHHA - Ask Lori how un-true that is. We love taking the piss out of everything down here, it's why we're a happy bunch of Vegemites. Usually ;)

      Delete
    2. Hey Willa, finally saw the clip with Leslie Jones - it showed up in my Insta feed. I loved it!! I wonder if I can hire her for this year's lunch... LOL

      Delete
    3. We're having the relatives who were sick at Thanksgiving over on Saturday, I can only pray she's available! j/k they're very pleasant relatives.

      Delete