Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Dating?

 I'm 62. That's 62 years of age. Not 62 inches tall because I'm not. I'm 60 inches tall if I stand straight. Which I don't. Stand straight, that is. So I'm a short, round old woman with two bad knees that make me wobble and lurch...

you get the picture. I'm old.

And someone wants to date me.

He's a nice guy, named John. Not a romance hero by any means. He smokes too much and talks too much. I think I say a sentence once every 15 minutes. But... he's nice. And he has a good heart. And he likes me. I mean, I kind of don't really see myself in a relationship because I just don't and I don't always answer his calls and I haven't tried to get together with him and then I called him with a work thing and he practically jumped through the phone and was like "yeah! And then you'll have lunch with me!" and I said yes because he was so happy saying it and I was like, okay...

I want to be excited but I'm not. Why can't I see myself relaxing into dating someone? Everyone tells me that companionship is worth it and again, he's a nice man and I'm too old to really believe that one of my K-Pop boys is going to wake up tomorrow wanting an old, broken woman.

Is it possible that I really do like myself enough not to need another? Is it because my vagina is old and uninterested? Am I waiting for Hawaiian George Clooney? Or am I so damned scared I can't even acknowledge it?

There's a part of me that thinks maybe I can go to his house and just hang out with him. Maybe we could watch a video and just hang out. Maybe if I could stop thinking about how much I don't want to date I could just be.

Anyway, it is a compliment to have someone excited about going out with me. I just wish I was excited also.

3 comments:

  1. Let me add that we went to a cool little place across the street from the pier and talked about pirates and I learned about Anne Bonnie. It was fun and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself. We’ll do it again and I think I might relax into the knowledge that I’m dating this guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dropping by really late to say: if nothing else, I hope you make a good friend that you can enjoy spending time with.

      Delete
  2. Aww, bless! Good for you, Ms Lori. Romance might not be on the table but it sounds like you will be learning cool stuff :D Glad you went and had fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete