Sunday, March 8, 2020

Poem


Reclaiming Guinevere, Part 2

I don't want to say
bitches gonna be bitches
but I haven't felt free
since I met her.
I sleep okay now
it's been too many years
to toss in the sea
of unyielding faces
razing my entire being
at some point
I needed to answer
to my own name.
Lori.
My name is Lori
not bitch, not cunt
not problem child
unloved and unneeded
not that employee
she fired with glee
I'm not enough
to even be evil
and neither was she.
She was just that bitch
in my life,
the one who winked
when I was on fire
to assure me water was coming
while she threw
matches to the ground.
I've almost forgotten
her name
but not quite yet.
She wears different faces
in other places but she's
always the same.
Bitches gonna be bitches
I remind myself
as I salt the earth
and whisper her heart
into the clouds.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Great work Ms Lori ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the species is prolific and seem to go through life relatively unscathed.

    Time to read Jane Doe again!

    ReplyDelete